Thursday, February 17, 2011

St. Valentine

Well one of the biggest commercial holidays just passed so who bought into it? I will have to admit that Valentines Day is my second favorite holiday of the year. As commercial as it is it's nice to be reminded that someone loves and cares about you. But with that said why should there be a special day set aside for someone to remind you of that. A person should be reminded that they're loved and cared for 365 days out of the year. Over 110 million roses are sold each year for this holiday along with over 1.1 million different kinds of chocolate. How did Valentines Day start? There are many different stories as to how Valentines Day started, but from my understanding St. Valentine died on February 14th, leaving a note to his daughter signing it "your valentine" which over time became a date to send loving messages to your loved ones. I find it ironic that a death like St. Valentines now represents a day of appreciation and love. So I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day and if not I wish you love for the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment