Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A day without shoes

Today was the day to go without shoes. Helping out Toms shoes a person goes a day without shoes to create awareness around the world of people who don't have shoes in other countries. Though I feel this is a creative way to create awareness to others, I wonder if it is the best way. Certainly it is cheap, and easy to participate for the average college student, but wouldn't a better idea be donating a pair of shoes yourself? Tom's shoes are expensive and not that well made, so are they sending their shoes to these countries? I just feel that if a company is going to donate shoes they should be made to wear long term. This is just my opinion and might be the opinion of others. But other than that small aspect, I love the creativity of this way to create awareness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment